Thursday, July 9, 2015

Amelia

This is 14 years old now. I'm not sure why I thought about it today, but for whatever reason I had to see it again.

I hadn't seen this clip since it aired during a Joni Mitchell tribute concert way back in 2001. I was mesmerized then and remain so, following my long-awaited second viewing, today. I remember watching the whole show and loving pretty much every inch of it, but even through it all this was, for me, the unquestioned highlight.

Shawn Colvin + Mary Chapin Carpenter + one of Joni's prettiest songs = Yes please!

Mayhap you agree.

People will tell you where they've gone,
They'll tell you where to go,
But till you get there yourself you'll never really know.
Where some have found their paradise,
Other's just come to harm.
Oh Amelia it was just a false alarm.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment