Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Evangeline

So whenever The Last Waltz comes on, no matter what else I'm watching, I need to stay tuned in for at least a few minutes.

And for all its greatness, I think my favorite part comes at the very very end. Just because. 

No matter how many times I see it it still kills me. God these guys were good. And just to break it up they decide, let's see, howzabout we go with THIS lineup:

Bass player - plays the fiddle
Organist - plays the accordian (and could have played a tomato juice can brilliantly if asked to)
Drummer - plays mandolin
Pianist - plays drums
Self-centered lead guitarist - plays the guitar without making much of a fuss!
Legendary female singer - well, sings perfectly legendarily with them

I give you The Band. And Emmylou Harris. And "Evangeline."

No comments:

Post a Comment