Saturday, April 6, 2013

Radio Hook Word Hit

So...Chris Mars has said the reason he's never joined either of the mini-reunions the Replacements have had is because he doesn't really do music anymore; he's been a serious and successful painter since a few years after the band broke up and, in fact, contributed the cover paintings to all the Slim Dunlap tribute albums.
I feel like this piece, entitled Dr. Glaxo, might just have a message. Aw, I'm probably reading into it. I do that sometimes. 

But he did record one of Slim's songs for the recent 'Mats LP Songs for Slim, playing all the instruments on his track.



How the hell is that the sound of a guy who hasn't played drums this century? Or guitar, for that matter?

Man, no one plays drums quite like Chris Mars. The secret ingredient to the impossibly delicious taste treat that was the Replacements.

3 comments:

  1. "The secret ingredient to the impossibly delicious taste treat that was the Replacements."

    Okay piece. Worst description ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of his solo records; I like 'em.

    But then, it has been pointed out that I have a problem...

    ReplyDelete